This must surely be one of the great epic journeys.

A David v Goliaths of epic proportions.

FDA and NCI v Burzynski.

How could a Polish born Dr with a PhD stand up to the rigors of 5 Grand Jury Trials (risking jail for 290years and $18,500,000 in fines) and two Congressional Hearings?

Willpower and staunch beliefs?

Watch the 1hr 48min Document-ary Burzynski

Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business from BurzynskiMovie on Vimeo.

Visit the web site http://www.burzynski.com/

Would you classify this as persecution?

Is he a fraud/just another quack?

If you were diagnosed with cancer tomorrow what would you do?

Tags: canser, quack, treatment

Views: 395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much Dale.

I just sent a message to Rob to say thank you to the moderator that fixed it up together with the admission that when it comes to computers I'm a dunce and prepared to admit it.

It certainly looks a lot smarter than anything I can do and more importantly gives others a better run at understanding it.

I know it is a lengthy Documentary but I think well worth the time.

It has left me thinking about a lot of things.

Thanks again

Don 

Dale Stiller said:

G'day Donald,

I tidied up the links for you.

I thought that you last sentence says a lot; it makes you stop & think. Many of us can only imagine what that would be like; there are a few on the site that know these circumstances only too well.

If you were diagnosed with cancer tomorrow what would you do?

Boy am i disappointed that, apart from Dale fixing my problem with attaching a link, no one has made any comment, good, bad or otherwise about a revolutionary cure for cancer.

Not many have even looked at the discussion.

One man's ( a Dr with a PhD)  decades long fight against  greedy, callous, bureaucracies whose disregard for lives and suffering is sickening.

Without in any way wishing to downgrade or belittle Peter Spencers battles. This mans lifelong battles makes Peter's crusade pale in significance. AND I hope they are both successful.

For the many who haven't watched the documentary BURZYNSKI have a look and make a mental note for the next time you come across some one suffering from cancer, be it brain, breast, prostate, leukamia, lymphoma wherever. This provides a prospect for a complete cure without any significant side effects.

Sure he is in America but the future holds hope for the world if he can ultimately overcome the obstructions of powerful bureaucracies and the greed of large pharmaceutical companies.

I think and hope you will find the time spent worthwhile.

Donald, largely this is a political site - and we all have views and can express them without needing to check the facts or even having facts.

Certainly the medical establishment/ chemical companies etc do seem to oppose anyone who might have a solution for anything. I understand that the fellow who discovered the cure for Helibacter pylori had to fight the medical profession for years before the cure was accepted. I understand that after he got the Nobel prize for his discovery he stated that the medical and drug profession were more interested in treatments and not cures. Why? probably because they make more money from treating people forever than in a simple cure.

As far as cancer is concerned I 'believe' that cures have been suppressed. One that I like and use is eating apricot seeds. These have a cyanide compound in them that is supposed to suppress cancer if taken in large quantities and is preventative if taken in small ones. I understand this treatment is suppressed by the FDA. Of course you can buy apricot seeds on the internet- or you could just go buy marzipan at Aldi.

I knew a fellow with prostate cancer who was sent home to die. He was eating some 200 apricot seeds a day. His psa went from a really high level down to 12. He is dead now but he lasted years longer. I never did find out what he died of- but he had chemo before he took apricot seeds and was already old.

But my story is anecdotal to you even though I met the guy. I can't say this Burzynsk is right or wrong. I can't even influence much in Australia let alone in the USA. So why be dissapointed? What do you expect of people?

Hi Donald, guilty, I did watch BURZYNSKI & was pleased you posted.

I have copied some info for myself to look into one day.

While working I spent many months at a time in Oncology Departments around the Linear accelerators & patients. I have struggled many times with what I would do.

I will show it to a very learned Dr I know as he is always keen to chat & very open to impart his knowledge, his comments will be of interest.

It's just a hard topic but not one most arn't interested in IMO.

Thanks Martin, Yes there are a number of 'cures' about. People claim to have had their cure work for them. They are by and large anecdotal and one offs for specific forms of cancer.

The differences with Burzynski is as an MD, PhD he has researched and discovered the fundamentals of what the problem is as the documentary explains. His treatments cover just about all forms but are tailored to the individual. It then goes on with the history and politics of his situation.

He has followed the protocols and has passed phaseI and phase II FDA trials with far, far greater success than conventional Chemo/Radiation therapies and without any of the nasty side effects they give.

Why am I disappointed? What do I expect?  Many topics on here generate much discussion but this topic had up until today generated none. It is an issue that is basically a life and death one. I thought people would have shown some interest in it with responses like that of Ian MacRae Yeates today.

My greatest disappointment is that It is a message that needs to be broadcast as widely as possible so that people who develop cancer can be made aware and may seek treatment that is more effective and less debilitating than chemo/radiation treatments. Even going on to normal lives without the scars of treatment. The disappointment is it isn't happening. 

Dr Byrzynski has shown a lot of courage in taking on the big pharmaceutical firms, who have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo (particularly if they hold patent rights). His results with inoperable brain cancers are particularly interesting.

I couldn't get the video to play for some reason.

So therefore I cannot make a comment.

Carol

Tribute to Tina Hunter.

A Parable of Immortality
I am standing by the seashore
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue oceans.
She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch
until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud
just where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other.
Then someone at my side says, "There she goes!"
Gone where?
Gone from my sight, that is all.
She is just a large in mast and hull and spar
as she was when she left my side
and just as able to bear her load of living freight
to the places of desination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.
And just at the momemt when someone at my side says,
"There she goes!"
there are other eyes, watching her coming,
and other glad voices ready to take up the glad shout:
"Here she comes!"
- Henry van Dyke

Tina RIP. You sliipped into infinity one year ago yesterday.
You are loved dearly and sadly missed by Richard and me.

Thanks Denise now I know I'm not alone. I posted  as a means of releasing my disappointment.

I know now how you must have felt. Yes depression is a problem and one that few choose to admit to for fear of being looked down upon. I somewhat reluctantly admit to being in that category.

On the Cancer issue I am still bemused that supposedly intelligent people in charge of public institutions could be so cold bloodedly callous. To me they have a very low moral standard if indeed they have one at all.

Regards

Don

PS The main thing is we let people know who  need to know.

Denise Scanlan said:

Donald, you aren't alone in your disappointment of lack of comment on your health topic. However, this is typical of not only this site, but the population in general, I have put up discussions on health, especially depression and few commented. I have written books on health and the same thing happens. It is the way people are.

Turn a blind eye and it will be okay. As a nurse, part of my work was to educate people and even speaking face to face, their eyes glace over. They just don't want to know.

I must admit, your topic didn't actually draw my attention, as I am now retired and I hear about cancer one way or the other on a daily basis. It has come to the point with me that I have no more energy to give to it. I do still advocate for people with mental helath and how they are ignored by the government, the stigma, and so on, because cancer gets a hearing.

Mental health though is still one where knowledge is scarce, and they have not the skills to do their own fighting. Anyone can be a sufferer at some time in their lives of a mental health disorder more than someone with cancer. It's the won't happen to me syndrome.

Thank you Ian Mind boggling is it not.

Ian Davies said:

Hi Donald, guilty, I did watch BURZYNSKI & was pleased you posted.

I have copied some info for myself to look into one day.

While working I spent many months at a time in Oncology Departments around the Linear accelerators & patients. I have struggled many times with what I would do.

I will show it to a very learned Dr I know as he is always keen to chat & very open to impart his knowledge, his comments will be of interest.

It's just a hard topic but not one most arn't interested in IMO.

Thank you Rory. Yes indeed. He (Burzynski) deliberately chose the hardest of all cancers to treat for the trials. Proved his point with flying colours. Amazingly they(FDA and big Pharma) have pursued him with all the dirty tricks they can muster but to no avail other than to deprive ordinary people of the right to return to and live a normal life.

Rory Donnellan said:

Dr Byrzynski has shown a lot of courage in taking on the big pharmaceutical firms, who have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo (particularly if they hold patent rights). His results with inoperable brain cancers are particularly interesting.

Your right on the ball again (still) Dale.

If ladies who are predisposed to Ovarian cancer are aware of this alternative they then have an option to add to their armory.

Whilst it is still big dollars, Burzynski's treatment (CURE) is probably the best long life option. Chances are it will be a preventative against all and any form of cancer.

In reading comments from his patients Diet is taken seriously by his clinic. Could it be that it is people's diet that either supports/ doesn't support the mechanism that generates these 'peptides' that help switch the various genes on/off? Food for thought.

Cheers

Don

Dale Stiller said:

Donald asked in the discussion starter, "If you were diagnosed with cancer tomorrow what would do?"

A very simular question is what would you do in you have a family history of a certain type of cancer and were in a high risk category?

It appears from this article in the weekend Brisbane newspaper, The Sunday Mail, that women with a family history of ovarian cancer are opting to have their ovaries removed.

Ovarian cancer survivors

SURVIVORS: Six stories, with one thing in common - these women have all been touched by cancer. Picture: Peter Wallis Source: The Sunday Mail (Qld)

MORE healthy Australian women are opting to have their ovaries removed to avoid the "silent" cancer.

Surgically removing a woman's healthy ovaries is a drastic step but experts believe it is the best defence because the cancer is so hard to detect in the early stages.

Each year more than 300 women, aged in their early 40s, are resorting to surgery before symptoms, according to the Australian Ovarian Cancer Study.

"It is a very personal decision but because screening in the early stages of the cancer is not available this is their only option to manage their risk," AOCS Clinical geneticist Alison Trainer said.

The women include those with a family history of ovarian cancer or those who carry the faulty BRCA gene linked to breast and ovarian cancer.

"When women are given the option of having their ovaries removed or living with the risk, then a large number are choosing surgery," Dr Trainer said.

"But there are side-effects: it puts you at high risk of osteoporosis and a higher cardiac risk. But the advantage is it reduces your ovarian cancer risk to zero."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Honest Government, Fair Rights to property and compensation, Australia and our people strong and proud, reinstatement of values and respect

Members

Forum

HEALTH ISSUES, HEALTH CONCERNS, HEALTH ASPECTS AND THE 'FLU SEASON 235 Replies

Started by Dr Caroline Wright in Health. Last reply by Dr Caroline Wright 42 minutes ago.

IS AUSTRALIA ADEQUATELY PROTECTED FROM FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC INVASION ? WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM HISTORY? 1689 Replies

Started by Dr Caroline Wright in Politics. Last reply by Geoff Hutchesson 50 minutes ago.

UNIONS = Relevance or Tactical Manipulation ?? 56 Replies

Started by Alyn Roule in Politics. Last reply by Dr Caroline Wright 1 hour ago.

PRO SLAVERY ALAN JONES TOMORROW: JOHN WILSON 6 Replies

Started by Nicholas N Chin in Politics. Last reply by Geoff Hutchesson 1 hour ago.

LEADERSHIP FOLLOWING THE FEDERAL ELECTION 635 Replies

Started by Dr Caroline Wright in Politics. Last reply by Dr Caroline Wright 3 hours ago.

THE ILLUSION OF THE LEFT - RIGHT PARADIGM 727 Replies

Started by Norm Finkelstein in General. Last reply by Geoff Hutchesson 4 hours ago.

MIGRANTS, ASYLUM-SEEKERS, AND SOCIAL SERVICE BENEFITS (cont.) 3146 Replies

Started by Dr Caroline Wright in Activism. Last reply by Dr Caroline Wright 6 hours ago.

Fairfax still pushing the climate barrow 6 Replies

Started by Brendan Michael in Environment. Last reply by Geoff Hutchesson 10 hours ago.

Anzac day 25th of April Thursday 170 Replies

Started by Barbara lee in General. Last reply by Stephen Cox 14 hours ago.

#FCG = FRAUD - CORRUPTION - GREED & The Need for TRANSPARENCY 49 Replies

Started by Alyn Roule in General. Last reply by Stephen Cox 17 hours ago.

STEM CELL SCIENCE 7 Replies

Started by Alyn Roule in General. Last reply by Geoff Hutchesson yesterday.

Barb's veggie flower Receipe photo chatt Patch 1187 Replies

Started by Barbara lee in Entertainment, Books, Movies, Music. Last reply by Stephen Cox yesterday.

Playground, Juke Box and Notepad 1524 Replies

Started by Geoff Hutchesson in Entertainment, Books, Movies, Music. Last reply by Geoff Hutchesson yesterday.

JOKES, FUNNY PICS & VIDEOS PAGE. 1994 Replies

Started by Brendan Michael in Humour. Last reply by Dr Caroline Wright on Monday.

TASMANIA AT THE CROSSROADS? 858 Replies

Started by Dr Caroline Wright in General. Last reply by Dr Caroline Wright on Monday.

ODDS AND ENDS AND OTHER THINGS 1842 Replies

Started by Dr Caroline Wright in General. Last reply by Stephen Cox on Monday.

DISASTERS AND ACCIDENTS AND VIOLENCE 110 Replies

Started by Dr Caroline Wright in General. Last reply by Dr Caroline Wright on Monday.

Primary Production Pricing Bill- the tutorial. 77 Replies

Started by Rob Moore in General. Last reply by Dr Caroline Wright on Monday.

OZ BANKS + ASIC 14 Replies

Started by Alyn Roule in General. Last reply by Alyn Roule on Sunday.

Blog Posts

Freecamps- Grey Nomads

Posted by Michael French on March 16, 2014 at 1:57pm — 2 Comments

Housesitting and caretaking

Posted by Michael French on March 15, 2014 at 9:30am — 1 Comment

Rick Otton

Posted by Michael French on March 13, 2014 at 12:30am — 1 Comment

Sun ovens

Posted by Michael French on March 13, 2014 at 12:00am

© 2014   Created by Rob Moore.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service